Sunday 9 December 2012

I have a bad taste in women


I remember being starstruck in London. Twice, actually. The first time was when my dad and I went to see The Misanthrope in the West End, starring my favorite actress, Keira Knightley. I think we were in the third row. I was so in awe. Someone whose face I had seen on big screens and TVs, not to mention buses was now standing a few feet in front of me. I wondered if anyone else was fangirling as hard as I was that night. 


When I found out she and Elizabeth Moss were going to play in The Children's Hour, I dragged my sister and friend to see it. They were depressed. I was entranced.

For the past three years I've lived in England, whenever Keira Knightley has been mentioned in a conversation, other girls voice their disdain for her.

Some have said it's her ubiquitous pout. Others say it's her way of talking. I have a theory it's because she usually plays the snobbish rich girl.

Courtesy of Elle

My sister cannot fathom why I like Kristen Stewart. Actually, no one can. I once told a girl that I thought she was pretty cool. Said girl replied she wanted to punch Stewart in the face.

It's not that I don't see her for what she is. She tends to make too much of an effort to sound "against the system" only to pigeon hole herself in hypocrisy.

And yet there's something sexy about her blasé attitude and foul mouth. Maybe that's what I like about Stewart and Knightley. They're the opposite of me.

I'm going to watch A Dangerous Method now. Should I write a post about my taste in men? I swear it's not as bad.

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment